Technology staff development
Making it better
What makes the difference in Technology PD?
Attitude - Can that be changed?
Time - What, Where, When
Culture. - Admin support and modeling
Interest - Teachers are people too
Availability - What tech is available
***Frustration level of
teacher with technology, has to be addressed
What behavior, skill, knowledge set, or belief of the participants about Web 2.0 tools are you trying to change?
- determine what needs to be changed
- capacity matrix
- emotions, movement, and/or both
- hands on, movement, teach others (Shut up)
- Allow multiple intelligences; Allow for individual and group work.
Allow for newbies and oldies and provide scaffolding to support all of them.
Differentiate activities, products, resources, etc.
- Allow participants to reflect on what they learned and the process
Groups, acknowledge that there are different levels and group them:
- Same Ability Groups - a leader will rise and lead the group
- Different Ability Groups - the lower level skill user will try harder to catch up
- Common Subjects - A plethora of ideas
- Varied Subjects - Diverse ideas
"Essential Skills" what does that mean? Troubleshooting skills, most teachers don't consider this as essential skills of technology. Teaching our teachers to be self-sufficient in troubleshooting will raise their technology skill level.
Taking NEW Ideas & Implementing
should be our Goal!
- Concurrent Sessions, aka Follow up training; 1st hour is teaching, learning, practicing, and creating. 2nd hour is at later date to share, collaborate, and discuss what worked & what they did
- Student led trainings; what does this look like