POINT OF VIEW - Tecumseh PS
- Minds On
- Working on it
- Consolidation / Reflection
Minds On No. 1 - "Point of view" Questions
If "Point of view" is the answer, what are the questions? Add your responses to this Padlet (click the button below):
Minds On No. 2 - Turning Your Voice
Take the role of a person, thing or object. How would she or he describe things?
A deer in the forest:
- A. Describe it from the point of view of a hunter
- B. Describe it from the point of view of an animal rights activist
A loud rock concert:
- A. Describe it from of the point of view of a seventy year old grandmother
- B. Describe it from the point of view of her 16 year old grandchild
Working on it - Four Corners
The issue to consider for this activity is this statement:
"Students today should be active users of social media in all aspects of their lives."
At each corner of the room, there is a position sign:
- Strongly agree
- Strongly disagree
Think carefully about your position and choose a corner. During the course of this activity, you may change your corner once if you wish. Once you have taken a corner, the group of people there work on the following activity:
With your group, review various media texts that you are able to find online, including:
- web sites
- YouTube videos
- TV show / movies
As you are reviewing various media texts with your group, start to choose one or two that most perfectly characterize your group's position (strongly agree, agree, disagree, strongly disagree) regarding the statement above.
Each group will pick a person to share their position and the media text(s) that their group chose. Please ensure that your media text(s) takes no longer than 2 minutes to share.
Consolidation / Reflection
- How is point of view reflected in the choices of media texts shared from each of the four positions?
- Has an alternate point of view caused you to think any differently about your own?
- How does point of view affect opinions, values, social norms, culture and education?
- What is the connection between point of view and the type of media chosen to communicate a message?
Please post your thoughts about these questions to this Padlet: