In Costa Rica, they celebrate many of the same traditions as the United States, but they also have many unique traditions as well. Some of the traditions are:
- Most of the men usually participate in bull fighting
- Many families attend Catholic midnight mass
- Tuck baby Jesus into the Manger
- Attend Festival de la Luz and Fiestas de Zapote , which is a festival of lights
- Make tamales and then eat them with their families.
- Christmas traditions in Costa Rica usually end with the celebration of the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6th, which celebrates the Catholic tradition of when the 3 kings meet Jesus.
Over the years many families traditions change. Some families see Christmas as a time to get presents and money, and those people don't appreciate the true meaning. Other families see Christmas as a time to spend time with family, celebrate Jesus being born/ going to Church, look back at the good times in the year, make a lot of food and shove their faces, and get presents as well.