Charles Albert Poland Jr.
(That Bus Driver)
Who is Charles Albert Poland Jr?
Charles Albert Poland Jr. (CAPJ) was an Alabama bus driver that was considered a hero by all. Not only was he considered a hero on January 29th, 2013 when he defended the children on his bus from being taken by Jimmy Dykes, he was, and always will be a hero to all.
Charles Albert Poland Jr. was a Hero Because......
- He served in the United Stated Armed Forces in Vietnam
- He flew helicopters in Vietnam
- He started driving a bus to provide income for his family
- He protected 20 of the 21 children
- He was shot protecting the children
- Sister says, "He has always been a hero" and she was not surprised that he gave his life to protect the children
- He was given a state funeral
- State Funeral~ When the patriot guard riders (they only come to funerals for veterans) and people symbolizing the military come and an American flag is draped over your casket.
- Robertson, Campbell. "Service Is Held for School Bus Driver Who Tried to Prevent Kidnapping in Alabama." The New York Times. The New York Times, 04 Feb. 2013. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. .
- "Child Freed from Alabama Hostage Crisis Is 'laughing, Joking, Playing' as He Recovers in Hospital after Terrifying Situation Ends." NY Daily News. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. .
- Campbell, Andy. "Charles Albert Poland, Slain Bus Driver, Shielded Children From Gunman's Bullets." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 02 Feb. 2013. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. .
- "Survivalist Tricked Alabama School Bus Driver into Stopping by 'promising a Gift of Home-grown Broccoli' before He Shot Him Dead and Took a Little Boy Hostage." Mail Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. .