2014: #MoneyManziel Edition
A Look Back at Johnny Manziel's Year of Jackassery
A look back at the year that was – 2014 for Johnny Manziel. College football's most famous player "graduates" to the big leagues, realizes he needs to grow up, but still acts like a jackass.
It was going to be a good year for Jonathan Paul Manziel, AKA "Johnny Football" – he just turned 21, he was already taking selfie's with Lebron, hanging with Justin Timberlake & winning College Football's highest honor – the Heisman Trophy.
- January 8: Manziel announced that he would forgo his junior season and enter the 2014 NFL Draft
- Manziel’s “executive management group” includes Maverick Carter of LRMR Management Company, LLC (the "L" standing for LeBron).
- February 8: LeBron James & the Miami Heat fall 89-94 to the Utah Jazz. But LeBron has time to say hello to Johnny Sidelines
- February 26: Rapper Snoop Dogg gives the money sign on Instagram in a Johnny Manziel jersey.
- February 27: Former NFL head coach Barry Switzer took it to a personal level, criticizing Manziel, saying: "I don’t like his antics. I think he’s an arrogant little prick. I’ve said that and I’ll say it again."
- March 1: Johnny visits the Boston Red Sox spring training
- March 27: Throws at Texas A&M's Pro Day for NFL scouts
- Johnny's on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- May 8: Manziel was selected by the Cleveland Browns as the 22nd pick of the first round of the NFL Draft.
- May 16: Browns Rookie Mini Camp
- May 18: Time for a "Money" sign with Drake
- May 20: Browns OTAs / practice.
- May 23: Fake sexual harassment suit filed against Manziel for $25M
- May 24: Johnny parties with Gronk in Vegas...
- May 27: Johnny practices with the Cleveland Browns during training camp.
- May 30: Attends the NFLPA Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles
- June 4: Johnny Manziel of the NFL Cleveland Browns acknowledges the crowd prior to the game between the Cleveland Indians and the Boston Red Sox
- June 8: Johnny attends the NBA finals as the Miami Heat win their only game of the series 98-96 with Manziel in attendance.
- June 15: The money phone hits the web:
- June 27: Johnny quoted as "I'm not going to change for anybody"
- July 1: Johnny parties with Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather
- Johnny shoots the Nissan Heisman House commercials.
- July 6: Johnny "rolls" a dollar bill in a bathroom photo hits the web.
- July 25: Browns "alarmed" by Manziel's behavior.
- July 26: Cleveland Browns Training Camp begins.
- September 14: Made regular season NFL debut against the New Orleans Saints handing the ball off twice and throwing an incomplete pass.
- September 27: Johnny gets an Aggie Ring.
- October: In a shocking move, Manziel keeps a low profile as the Browns keep winning.
- November 3: Johnny hits the cover of Golf Digest
- November 22: Manziel is involved in a scuffle in the lobby of his downtown Cleveland apartment building with an overly aggressive fan at 2:30am.
- November 30: Manziel entered the game against the Buffalo Bills during the fourth quarter after an ineffective performance by starting quarterback Brian Hoyer.
- December 9: Browns name Johnny the starting QB for Week 15 against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- December 21: He left the game with a hamstring injury that ended his season.
- December 28: Manziel was fined by the team after he missed a medical treatment for a hamstring injury. Manziel said he overslept but denied a threw a party Friday night that also caused star wide receiver Josh Gordon to miss a team walk-through and draw a suspension for the season finale in Baltimore.
- As season ends, Manziel goes on the record: "It's about being accountable and doing what I'm going to say instead of looking like a jackass." #JohnnyJackass