Thomas Salzano - Plants used as Herbs
List of plants created by Thomas Salzano that have been used as herbal medicines.
- Abscess root : Used to reduce fever, inflammation, and cough
- Ashoka tree : Used in Ayurvedic traditions to treat gynecological disorders. The bark is also used to combat oedema or swelling.
- Bitter gourd : Used as an agent to reduce the blood glucose level.
- Cayenne : Type of chili that is used as both food and medicine. Uses includes reducing pain and swelling because it contants high levels of Vitamin C.
- Dandelion : Used historically to treat liver diseases, kidney diseases, and spleen problems
- Grape leaves and fruit : Used medicinally from ancient Greeks.
- Guava : Use in traditional medicine to treat diarrhea.
- Lemon : It contain long history and Indian traditional medicine. Honey and lemon is common for treating coughs and sore throat.
- Neem : Used in India to treat worms, malaria and skin infections. For many uses neem has became called as an "the village dispensary" in India.
- Papaya : Used for treating wounds