by Peyton S.
- Schizophrenia is an extremely complex mental disorder in which a person loses contact with reality. Schizophrenics have trouble telling the difference between real and imaginary events.
- Schizophrenia occurs in 1% of the general population
- Symptoms include hallucinations, delusions, and disorganized speech
- Treatments include anti-psychotic medications and therapy
- Schizophrenics can receive help from professional case managers, caregivers, and family members
- To learn more about schizophrenia, talk to a doctor or go online to a trusted source