CPR; How To Save A Life
1) Abdominal Thrust: A first aid procedure used to treat choking
Doctors use the abdominal thrust maneuver to help the person stop chocking.
2) CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: lifesaving technique useful in many emergencies, including heart attack or near drowning, in which someone's breathing or heartbeat has stopped.
The lifeguard had to give the near to drowning girl CPR.
3) Universal Precautions: approach to infection control to treat all human blood and certain human body fluids as if they were known to be infectious
I had to take some medical, its just a universal precautions.
4) Accident: an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.
My mom got into a car accident today. I hope she's okay.
5: Breathing: the process of taking air into and expelling it from the lungs
My dog stopped breathing after she had an heart attack.
6) Choke; difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat or a lack of air.
In this movie I was watching this guy was choking the other man.
7) Compression; act of pressing upon or together; the state of being pressed together.
Today i had to give a dummy compressions.
8) Emergency; a serious, unexpected, and often dangerous situation requiring immediate action.
You can call the police during an emergency and they'll help you.
9) Faint: weak and dizzy; close to losing consciousness.
My dad fainted when I was born.
10) First Aid Kit: collection of supplies and equipment for use in giving medical help to someone
The first aid kit is under the sink in the bathroom.
11) Heartbeat: the pulsation of the heart.
When you put your hand on your chest you can feel your heartbeat.
12) Pulse: a rhythmical throbbing of the arteries as blood is propelled through them
When you feel this spot on your neck you can find your pulse easier.
13) Rescue: save someone from a dangerous or distressing situation.
They had to rescue this boy that was lost in the woods.
14) Respiration: the action of breathing
They have respiration machines in the hospital.