By Isabella Sehidoglu
The Louvre Pyramid was built in Paris in 1984. Commisioned by President François Mitterand & designed by famed architect I.M. Pei. It was opened to the public in 1989.
Diagram of Pyramid:
Fun Facts & Math Thinkers
1. The Pyramid was built as part as a project to modernize and expand the Louvre.
2. The Pyramid has an identical pyramid on the bottom.
3. Approxamently how much wrapping paper does it take to wrap the lateral?
4. What is the surface area of both of the pyramids combined?
5. How many people would you have to stack to reach the height of the pyramid?