Culture of Brazil
- Soccer is the most popular sport in Brazil.
- They have won the Fifa World Cup five times.
- Another popular sport is foot volley.
- Invented in Brazil in the 1960's.
- Other sports they play include: basketball, martial arts, tennis, volleyball, rugby, ect.
Holidays and Celebrations
- The Rio Carnival is the biggest celebration.
- It last 5 days, and happens 51 day before easter.
- Two million people are in the streets per day.
- Another celebration with a parade is their Independence Day.
- They celebrate it on September 7.
- For the Independence of Brazil they built a museum.
- Museu Paulista
- About 65% of Brazilians are Roman Catholic.
- This statue is known as Christ the Redeemer.
- Built as a symbol of Brazilian Christianity.
- Samba is one of the most popular form of music and dance.
- They also listen to the same music we do.
- Some of the different types of music they listen to is bossa nova, MPB, funk carioca, zumba, rap, ect.
- Their clothing varies from the ethnic group and the climate.
- They are known for their stylish clothes and accessories.
- Their official language is Portuguese.
- They are the only country in South America with the official language of Portuguese.