25 Craves of Chrismtas
Dec. 21: Christmas Truffles
Betty Crocker pulls through yet again with these decadent truffles! Satisfy your sweet tooth with a treat that is sure to lift up your holiday spirits. And don't be afraid to indulge--a sugar rush might be just the thing you need to finish up that last minute shopping! (Courtesy of Betty Crocker)
- 1box Betty Crocker SuperMoist German chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box1bottle (1 oz) red food color
- 1tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1cup Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting (from 1-lb container)
- 3bags (14 oz each) white or green candy melts or coating wafersBetty Crocker red sugar
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, food color and cocoa with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- 2. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
- 3. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Remove cake from pan and crumble into large bowl; stir in frosting. Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls; place on cookie sheets.
- 4. Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, tapping off excess and taking care not to get crumbs in coating. Return to cookie sheets. Decorate with sugar before coating sets.