Make a dandy mustache drink topper.
Cure for common case of camera shyness.
It’s always fun to play disguises. Children and adults alike are always amused with this lighthearted gag. We've also discovered that these mustaches are a certified, guaranteed cure for the common case of camera shyness. Here's how to make them:
- Cut-out mustache template
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11" white text-weight paper
- 1 sheet 8.5 x 11" construction paper in black, orange or gray
- Bendable or straight straws
- Hole punch, same width as straw
- Drinking glasses
- Hot glue gun (optional)
1. Download the mustache template and print it onto text-weight paper. Using scissors, carefully cut out the template (see figure below). Need the template? Get it here.
2. Place a mustache onto the color paper and trace shape with a pencil. Repeat for as many mustaches as you want. Using scissors, cut out the shapes.
3. Punch a hole in the center of each mustache and insert a straw. The mustache should be sitting right above the bend.
Note: If not using a bendable straw, do not punch a hole in the middle of the mustache; instead, use a hot glue gun to attach the mustache to the front of the straight straw.
4. Pour a cool beverage into the glasses and add the straws. Then: enjoy!
- Use different colored paper to match guests’ hair colors.
- Put a mustache on a stick to use as a masquerade or for taking fun pictures.
- Make a mustache napkin ring by attaching it to a ribbon or paper band.