Please show work and write answers on a sheet of paper. Please number each step that it coordinates from here. This is an assignment and WILL be collected.
1) You are going shopping for your friend to thank them for always being there for you. Write down the store that you choose to shop from for your friend's gifts.
2) You need to pick out 3-7 items that you are going to purchase from this store for your friend. You are in luck, the store is having a 23% off your total purchase sale!! What is the amount of your purchase after the store discount?
3) As you go to pay for the items you see an additional coupon for 10% off if you spend more than $30 on your purchase after the 23% discount. If this applies to you, what is your price after the extra 10% off?
4) DON'T forget to pay Uncle Sam....your tax rate is 7.8% What is the total with tax?
5.) If your total was over $50, then your shipping is free. If under $50, the shipping cost is $3.95. What is your total after shipping?
6) You decide that you are going to pull money over from your savings account to pay for this transaction. You started your savings account with $995 and you receive 2% interest each year on your account. You have only had the money in your savings for one year and you haven't taken any money out or added to it. How much is in your savings?
7) After you spend the money from your savings account on these gifts, how much is left in your account?