I had so many people asking me for my turkey recipe I decided to share.
What you'll need:
- rice wine
- olive oil
- sea salt
- adkins western style BBQ seasoning
- brown sugar
- pecan flavored coffee
- seasoning salt
- chipotle powder
What you'll do:
- soak your turkey in salt water for 24 hours, unless it already comes soaked.
- Once the Turkey is ready, preheat the oven to 400*
- place your turkey in your pan, breast side up.
- pour a generous amount of rice wine over your turkey
- pour a generous amount of olive oil over your turkey and let it sit while you create your basting mixture.
- in a fairly large bowl mix together about 1 cup of olive oil, 1 cup of melted butter, a decent amount of salt, pepper sage, thyme, parsley & chipotle powder.
- mix that together until it's mostly dissolved, then determine if you need more olive oil.
- mix some rosemary in.
- add a few tablespoons of the adkins, a pinch of coffee grounds, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a pinch of seasoning salt, and a tiny tiny bit of cinnamon.
What to do now:
- Once your basting mixture is complete, stuff the turkey with some fresh kale, and a large onion cut into fourths. Tie your turkey up with twine, and baste your turkey generously, then put it in the oven.
- Once the turkey has been in the oven for about 30 minutes, turn the oven down to about 350* then re-baste your turkey.
- Every thirty minutes baste your turkey until the internal temperature is at least 165*