CMYK vs. RGB
What are the differences?
Understanding when to use each setting.
- subtractive colors cool tones
- only way for print media
- four channels: cyan, magenta, yellow, black
- easier to color treat
- additive colors
- vibrant tones used by monitors or displays
- three channels: red, green, blue
- smaller file sizes
CLICK the button below, read the article and post a paragraph in the discussion section.
DISCUSSION POST FOR YOU TO COMPLETE:
In the Comment Stream below, answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- What setting will your graphic be in when you are ready to print?
- For online websites, what setting is used for computer monitors?
- What color is associated with Cyan?
- What does CMYK mean?
- What does RGB mean?