Spaying and Neutering
By: Allie Watson
Definition: sterilize (a female animal) by removing the ovaries.
- Spaying your pet entails surgical removal of the reproductive organs. In females, these are the ovaries and uterus, and the procedure is called an ovariohysterectomy, or spay. For routine spaying, the best age for dogs and cats is before puberty.
Definition: castrate or spay (a domestic animal).
- Neutering of males is done by removing the testicles.
Why it is good to get your animals Spayed or Neutered:
- They become calm
- Their aggression goes down
- Their behavior is better
- They can live longer
- They are less likely to get cancer
Why it is bad to get your animal Spayed or Neutered:
- Animals become lazy.
- Some people think that the animal will be hurt or in pain after.
- If it's a purebred, people think that they shouldn't get the procedure.
- People think they won't be as protective.
- People think that their animal will be mad at them.
- It's expensive.
- Weight gain
If it was my animal, I would get them spayed or neutered. I think this because, look at how many good things there is verses the bad things. The bad things are more less forced upon, they are stupid reasons so I would defiantly choose to get them spayed or neutered.