Design, cut, and arrange live, dried, or artificial flowers for weddings.
Wedding florist make around $45,280 a year.
High school diploma; postsecondary training for those who wish to operate their own businesses.
- creativity and artistic flair
- an understanding of the properties and needs of different plants and flowers
- the ability to explain your ideas to customers
- good practical skills
- a helpful, pleasant and tactful manner
- the ability to work out costs and manage money
- the ability to work under pressure
Ribbons, scissors, floral knives, glue guns, floral tape, floral foam, floral wire.