Custom Tactical Knives – Top Things To Consider Before You Buy Them
Buying a custom tactical knife is not an easy task. If you are someone whose work or lifestyle necessitates that you carry a knife on you at all times, you will definitely appreciate the fact that there are many aspects to the tool that should be perfect for your needs. This is even more important in case of security personnel and outdoor enthusiasts for whom, sometimes, having the right knife can create the difference between life and death.
There are various factors that you should keep in mind when you buy a custom tactical knife from the market. Here is a list of the top contenders in that list.
- High quality steel varieties like S30V, VG10 and 154CM offer a tactical folding knife more durability and superior edge holding ability. This is a must have feature in a knife if you are planning for using it for hunting game or as a tactical defence weapon when you are outdoors.
- The locking and folding mechanism of the tactical knife you are considering to buy should be the strongest and most durable one possible. Always make sure that the blade doesn’t fold up on your hand and has a reliable locking mechanism to keep the edge sheathed at all times. Your standard locks are liner locks, mid locks, and back locks. Make sure you do some research in this regard for your own safety.
- The way you carry your knife around is also an important aspect to look at. Most people prefer that the knife is readily available to them so that they can deploy and execute it in the smallest amount of time. This is why most tactical knives these days are available with pocket clips meant to fulfil this purpose. Make sure that you can switch your pocket clip from right to left for ease of carry and so that you can use your other hand if the first one is out of commission for awhile.
- The weight of your custom tactical knife is another important consideration. This is basically a personal question that you should figure out yourself. My suggestion would be to try out a few moves with a knife before you buy it. It should feel right in your hand and shouldn’t interfere with free and smooth movement of your limbs in any way.
- There are all kinds of frames available in the market when it comes to tactical knives. Titanium to steel to aluminium – the market is filled with many options and you should go with the one that feels right to you. The frame of a knife will again have a bearing on its weight. Make sure you try it out first before buying.
There are many ways in which you can think about purchasing a custom tactical knife. PerryKnifeWorks.com is the site that can help you in gaining more and more knowledge and buying the best possible products. Do give it a visit.
About The Author
Kim Bradshaw is an expert in antique knives and collector’s edition custom tactical knives and she also likes to write many interesting articles about the topic about this exciting world. She recommends PerryKnifeWorks.com as the best and most reliable website to trust if you are looking to buy any of these collector’s items.