HOW TO KEEP ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION SAFE FROM IDENTITY THEFT
Places you Should Protect your Personal Information
On a computer:
- Use passwords that would make it difficult for a hacker to guess. Use numbers and different symbols to make your password more personal.
- If you receive an email asking for your personal information, don't respond.
- If you are using a public computer like one at the library or school, don't put your personal information on it.
At a business:
- Never give out your Social Security number unless you absolutely have to. Ask if you are allowed to use a different form of identification.
- Do not give out your personal information to someone who calls you or emails you.
- Keep your medical information, financial records, and social security cards in a safe place hidden from others.
- Shred all papers that have any kind of your personal information on them.
- Check your mailbox everyday as soon as you can to prevent someone from stealing your mail.