Panacea Hospital Providing Gynecomastia Surgery
Panacea Hospital, Bangalore has been providing treatment for Gynecomastia with effectiveness and there hasn’t been even a single failed surgery so far. Panacea is an internationally acknowledged name in the medical industry for its advancement in plastic surgery. With our expertise in the field that goes back to several decades, we have been able to give a warm experience to our well-wishers.
What it is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia refers to an abnormal development of female-like and over-developed breasts in males. Breasts are glands accumulated with fat in both male and female bodies. In Gynecomastia, fat provides a cushion to men and does not serve to store energy. It consists of active tissues and does not disappear even if heavy exercise is done.
Gynecomastia can be caused due to various reasons like heredity, hormonal changes, disease or consumption of certain drugs.
Neonatal Gynecomastia: This occurs in a natal stage when a new born develops breasts under the effect of maternal sex hormone.
- Adolescent Gynecomastia: This occurs in adolescent boys at the time of puberty.
- Senile Gynecomastia: This occurs at an older age when the circulating male sex hormone is reduced and female sex hormone becomes predominant.
Treatment for Gynecomastia:
- We, at Panacea, believe that drug treatments for Gynecomastia mostly fail as glands once grown cannot be reversed back. Also, drug treatments usually consist of anti-hormones which can have other harsh side effects too.
- A surgical treatment of Gynecomastia is the most viable option. There are various kinds of surgeries one can opt for to treat Gynecomastia. Panacea Hospital provides various kinds of surgeries for Gynecomastia which include:
- Peri-areolar Incision: During this, incision is made either at aerola skin junction or just inside that. Dissection of the gland is done through the same incision and the gland is moved out.
- Infra-mammary approach: In this, incision below the breast is made and the gland and extra skin is taken out. It is used in extreme cases, when breast is very large.
- Minimally invasive surgery: In this, tiny incisions of about 3-4 mm are made and the gland and fat are removed through them. It can also help reshape the chest area in men with Liposuction.