Shakespeare and Caesar
Emily Lown and Mallory DiTomasso
17 April 2015
• Shakespeare's wife was named Anne Hathaway and was an actress. Ring a bell?
• All of Shakespeare's family was illiterate!
• Shakespeare never published any of his plays. Most were published nearly seven years following his death.
• He invented the word "assassination".
• He never attended university.
• If Shakespeare wouldn't have had a relationship with Anne Hathaway, he wouldn't have had the kids in which he did. This is important because his son, Hamnet, died of an unknown cause at the age of eleven.
• "Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - This quote means one should talk to another with decency without creating conflict through rumors. One should converse with humor without being rude, and one should be kind to one another and not make rude remarks. - I agree with this quote because one should always strive to converse with the intention of being kind rather than creating conflict by their abrupt behavior.
• "I wasted time, and now doth time waste me." - This quote means he wasted time, and now time has taken over and is controlling him. - I agree with this quote. If one doesn't do what should be done and instead does what they please, one will end up with nothing to work for and will only let time tick by.
• "Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance." - This quote means he is not a particularly honest person; however, in certain situations, he can be. - I agree with this quote because everyone has the capability of being honest, whether it is in their nature or not.
• Julius Caesar
• The Tempest
• 1 Henry IV
• King John
• Much Ado About Nothing
• The Winter's Tale
• King Lear
• Romeo and Juliet
Julius Caesar's Life
• Julius Caesar was kidnapped by pirates.
• He had a son with Cleopatra.
• He is considered father of the leap year.
• Julius Caesar almost became a priest.
• His own son may have been one of his assassins.
• If Julius Caesar wouldn't have been kidnapped by pirates, he wouldn't have ended up hanging multiple men who bothered him while he was held captive. People wouldn't have known the great extent of Julius Caesar's capabilities.