unpacking standards 6
Oil and other types of waste collet on the ground surface. Ran off cause these unwanted substances into ground water effecting all earths population. If we don't handle this problem it will effect all types of water.
Hazardous wastes ~ destructive to the environment or dangerous to the health of people or animals.
Percolating ~ to pass through a porous substance (filter)
Non-point pollution ~ mean any source of water pollution that does not meet the legal definition of "point source" in section 502(14) of the Clean Water Act. In other words it comes from many diffuse sources.
Point source pollution ~ Water pollution coming from a single point
Agricultural run off ~ (also know as surface run off) water flow that occurs when the soil is infiltrated to full capacity and excess water from rain, melt water, or other sources flows over the land.
Over fishing ~ deplete the stock of fish in (a body of water) by too much fishing.
Stressor ~ something that makes you worried or anxious
Tolerant ~ showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.
Degradation ~ the condition or process of degrading or being degraded.
This is about Agricultural run off in the Gulf of Mexico
This is about over fishing
this about the Algae Overload. This video tells you how they think it came, what caused it, and what will happen if they don't fixed it.
In my opinion, this unit is relevant to my everyday life because…
In my opinion, this unit is relevant to my everyday life because it show me that the agricultural run off, industrial inputs and over-fishing can do to all our aquatic populations. If we don't do any thing then the decrease of intolerant organisms and increasing the number of tolerant organisms.
1. What if the chemicals, hazardous wastes, oil, etc. collect on the ground surface but didn't run off.
2. How does over-fishing impact some aquatic populations ?
3. Explain why Agricultural run off (surface run off) is so bad.
4. Compare and contrast Agricultural run off (surface run off) and over fishing.
5. How does Agricultural run off impact some aquatic population.
6. Why is it so important for us to manage water resources ?
7. Why do we have to remove chemicals, hazardous wastes, oil, etc out the ocean ?
8. What do you think would happen if the number of tolerant organisms increasing.
9. Compare and contrast Non-point pollution and Point source pollution.
10. If you could help Agricultural run off, what would you do ?