Help Wanted: Orthodontist
Examine, diagnose, and treat dental malocclusion and oral cavity anomalies. Design and fabricate appliances to realign teeth and jaws to produce and maintain normal function and to improve appearance of this career.
- Adjust dental appliance to produce and maintain normal function
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires to produce and maintain normal function.
Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- $90.00+ hourly
- $187,200+ annual
- Medical Scientists
- Maxi facial Surgeons
- Projected growth (2012-2022) Faster than average (15% to 21%)
- Projected job openings (2012-2022)3,000
- Will increase because of increase of people wanting teeth straightened
- Telecommuting is not optional because of the hands- on work
- Flex time varies