Science Experiments Done On Jews
By- Linwood Lancaster
The German physicians who ran SS and Wehrmacht medical places , along with medical people at lower levels, participated actively in carrying out Nazi extermination plans. SS physicians assigned to the concentration camps, including Auschwitz , played a special role. They conducted criminal medical experiments on prisoners and committed other acts that violated medical ethics. Having furthered the extermination program in the concentration camps, they have gone down in history as medical criminals.
- Nazi doctors put victims in vats of icy water for periods of up to 5 hours to figure out how to treat German pilots forced to eject into the icy ocean water.
- Dr. Josef Mengele experimented on twins to learn the secrets of multiple births and to find a way to quickly multiply the German race.
- Some doctors tried to find a vaccine for tuberculosis by infecting prisoners with the disease.
- Prisoners were subjected to Phosgene gas to find an antidote to the compound.
- Phosgene gas was used as a biological weapon during WW1.
- The Nazis wanted to know if a person’s joints and limbs could be put on another person and be functional.
- Dr. Hans Eppinger wanted to make sea water drinkable so he forced 90 Gypsies to drink only seawater.
- Nazis used poison to torture and kill inmates, Russian prisoners were injected with experimental poisons.
- Dr.Carl Clauberg artificially inseminated about 300 women at Auschwitz.
- Unethical medical experimentation carried out during the third Reich.
Who tries to help the people in concentration camps
Some Jews survived the "Final Solution," the Nazi plan to kill the Jews of Europe, by hiding or escaping from German-controlled Europe. Most non-Jews were not aided or hurt the "Final Solution." Relatively few people helped Jews escape. Those who did aid Jews were motivated by opposition to Nazi racism, by compassion, or by religious or moral principle. In a few rare instances, whole communities as well as individuals helped save Jews. They did so at big risk. In many places, people who hide jews were killed
The people who were tortured in the camps should be remembered for all the cruel experiments done on them by the Nazis. Everyone should think about these people when they think about the Holocaust
The source gave us: ?
- Website Title: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Article Title: Nazi Medical Experiments
- Publisher: United States Holocaust Memorial Council
- Electronically Published: June 20, 2014
- Date Accessed: May 29, 2015
N.p., n.d. Web.