Ben Milam Elementary
20th Century Teacher vs.
21st Century Teacher
Where/How/Why Does Technology Fit into Your Classroom?
* ALL SUBJECT AREAS
* PRODUCTION APPS - creations by students
* TEKS - not only are there technology application TEKS, but TEKS that required technology are imbedded into each of the subject areas
Taking those technology TEKS and "smashing", or combining them, with subject area TEKS.
TECHNOLOGY APPLICATION TEKS:
(1) Creativity and innovation. The student uses creative thinking and innovative processes to construct knowledge and develop digital products. The student is expected to:
B) create original products using a variety of resources
(3) Research and information fluency. The student acquires and evaluates digital content. The student is expected to:
(A) use search strategies to access information to guide inquiry;
(B) use research skills to build a knowledge base regarding a topic, task, or assignment
SOCIAL STUDIES TEKS:
6) Geography. The student understands the locations and characteristics of places and regions in the community, state, and nation. The student is expected to:
(A) identify major landforms and bodies of water, including each of the continents and each of the oceans, on maps and globes
TACKKBOARD (web or app)
MY FUTURE CAREER by ER
DOODLE BUDDY TUTORIAL
BOOK CREATOR - $5.99
BOOK CREATOR TUTORIAL
3D SHAPES by EH
HAIKU DECK TUTORIAL
When addressing the TEKS for projects, each pair of students choose a different topic for a broader learning base.
Students need to practice prior to presenting.
30 HANDS PRO - $5.99
30 HANDS TUTORIAL
Animoto (for education)