ABS 200 ENTIRE COURSE
For More Course Tutorials Visit
ABS 200 Week 1 DQ 1 What is Applied Behavioral Science
ABS 200 Week 1 DQ 2 Values and Ethics Guiding Generalist Practice
ABS 200 Week 2 DQ 1 Empowerment
ABS 200 Week 2 DQ 2 Theories on Groups
ABS 200 Week 2 Critical Thinking Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and “Person-In-Environment” (PIE)
ABS 200 Week 3 DQ 1 Types of Groups
ABS 200 Week 3 DQ 2 Organizations and Power
ABS 200 Week 3 Step One of Final Paper
ABS 200 Week 4 DQ 1 Neighborhoods and Communities
ABS 200 Week 4 DQ 2 Community Building
ABS 200 Week 5 DQ 1 Global Issues
ABS 200 Week 5 DQ 2 Social Advocacy and Justice
ABS 200 Week 5 Final Paper
ABS 200 WEEK 2 CRITICAL THINKING EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE (EBP) AND “PERSON-IN-ENVIRONMENT” (PIE)
For More Course Tutorials Visit
Critical Thinking: Evidence Based Practice (EBP) and “Person-In-Environment” (PIE). In a 3 to 4 page paper:
Step One of Final Paper. The Final Paper is due at the end of the course (Week Five). In order to ensure that you have time to write a good paper and receive sufficient guidance from your instructor, an outline is to be submitted this week. Before you begin Step One, please consult the complete instructions for the Final Paper which can be found in Week Five of your online course or in the “Components of Course Evaluation” section of this guide.
The outline of the Final Paper:
1. Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement and which you define all concepts that will be discussed in the Final Paper.
4. Must use at least five scholarly and peer-reviewed sources, retrieved from either the Online Library.
5. Must make a brief summary of each article (including the purpose of the investigation, its methodology and results).
6. Must order the articles in the way you think you will discuss them in your paper, and review the available sources in an organized manner. Namely, just do not list each one separately, but try to see how they relate to each other.
7. Must end your review of the literature with a paragraph devoted to your thoughts about the strengths and weaknesses of the available evidence.
8. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Writing Center.
9. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
It is important that you ask yourself if articles specifically address the selected topic. It is not always easy to find the right articles. Thus, give yourself some time to search before you finalize your selection. The textbook and the selected video clip can be used as additional sources, but you still need five peer-reviewed articles. Select scholarly and peer-review articles that summarize the evidence available in a given field of study. Be sure to include in the reference section the video clip you will use for your ‘case study’.
For More Course Tutorials Visit
Focus of the Final Paper
Poverty 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Poverty 2. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Poverty 3. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Crime. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Gangs. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbN8sEzig-M.
Obesity 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Obesity 2. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Obesity 3. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Anorexia. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&
Drug Use 1. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Drug Use 2. Retrieved on October 8, 2012 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?&&&
Prostitution. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Violence. Retrieved on July 7, 2010 from http://www.youtube.com/watch?
• Teen pregnancy
• Alcohol use
1) From the video selection, identify an individual from which to develop a case study or a story. You may use a specific example found within your selected video or use information to create a fictional case study.
2) Summarize the case from the perspective of the person in their environment. Examine the person’s life from the Micro, Mezzo, and Macro perspectives and describe the kinds of influences that may have led to this person’s situation for each level of influence.
• Micro: Consider the personality, emotions, beliefs, behaviors, goals interests, mental health, and strengths and weaknesses.
• Mezzo: Next, consider any small groups in which they interact such as family, peer groups, social groups, sports groups, or any other small groups in which they are involved.
• Macro: Consider any groups in which they have been involved, any organizations, and their community. This could include business, church, neighborhood, school, or other agencies or larger entities.
• Diversity: Consider any elements of diversity that may have played a part in the problem they face in life, describing how these factors may have been significant along the different levels. (Ex: If a person is gay in a religious family, they might first experience internal distress as they realize what this will mean in their social
circles, and then within their family context, peers, church, neighborhood, etc. On the other hand, the individual may find strong support system among other new peer groups or organizations.)
Consider the individual’s strengths and weaknesses in dealing with their circumstances.
• What are their stressors and how do they cope with them? How well have they adapted to their circumstances?
3) Next, consider ways in which you, as a student or behavioral science worker, might apply the concepts from this course to benefit this individual. Describe the kinds of roles that you might employ in this individual’s behalf. Will they come from the macro, mezzo or micro level of support, or a combination? Support your comments with scholarly references.
This will be a 7 to 8 page paper, not including your cover page and references. No abstract is required for this assignment. You will include a minimum of 5 supporting references, including your text. Please use APA style formatting.