Morose: (adj.) gloomy or unhappy
-The morose color of the sky hinted that a storm was coming.
Repentance: (n.) sincere guilt/regret
- Someone showing repentance will most likely be forgiven.
Purported: (v.) to falsely pretend to be (or to do) something
- The boy purported to be Harry Potter
Prattling: (v.) to ramble or talk for a long time
- The girl was prattling for an hour about her trip to zoo.
Substratum: (n.) the foundation or bottom layer of something
-The papers were placed on a substratum of books.
Deferentially: (adverb) showing respect and courtesy
-The students always behaved deferentially around the teacher.
Incorrigible: (adj.) (a person or their habits) impossible to correct; hopeless
- The children's behavior was incorrigible.
Chaise: (n.) a type of horse-drawn carriage that usually has an open top and can fit one or two people.
-The girl sat in the chaise with her father.
Chaff: (n.) - pieces of hay and/or straw (from corn or other plants with seeds) - junk/trash
-The floor of the barn was covered in chaff.
Vehemence: (n.) displaying intensity/strong feeling; force
- The marathon runner leaped across the finish line with surprising vehemence.