- A. This biome is primarily located in the Antarctic, Greenland, and the Nearctic Realm.
- A. Short, moist, and moderately warm summers that are between 21 and 26 degrees.
- B. Long cold winters that are between -2 and 4 degrees.
- C. Annual precipitation is only 46cm.
- A. Mainly deciduous plants.
- B. Between 15 and 122cm tall with spiky leaves.
- A. Mostly rodents and all but 2 are burrowers.
- B. The rest are all fish.
- C. Examples would be, killer whales, polar bears, and the arctic fox.
- A. Heavy, silty, and salty.
- B. Contains alluvial fans.
Biomes Other Important Factors
- A. It is the driest biome.
- B. Sometimes it does not rain for the whole year.
- C. Get most the moisture from runoff from mountains.
Example Of Plant - Sagebrush
- A. Can be 4 feet tall with long leaves.
- B. Provides shelter for small animals.
- C. Can survive in almost any environment it is located in.
- D. Has long tap roots that drain water from deep underground.
Example Of Animal - Killer Whale
- A. Has a distinct black and white pattern.
- B. Average around 27ft long.
- C. Lives in the ocean.
- D. Its primary prey is seals.
- E. Needs to come up for air in regular intervals to breathe.
- F. It is at the top of the food chain.
- G. Has thick blubber to help survive in the cold.