Courageous, Brave, Leadership
Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.
Accomplishments of Neil Armstrong
· Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon during the 1969 Apollo 11 mission.
· He was a navy fighter pilot.
· He served as a navy pilot during the Korean War.
· First to dock with another vehicle in space.
· Speech he gave was “one small step for man, one large step for mankind, and this speech made history and gave people inspiration.
· He joined the astronaut program in 1962
· He was command pilot for his first mission, Gemini VIII, in 1966.
· He tested many high-speed aircraft (ex: X-15), which could reach the top speed of 4,000 miles per hour.