Give 5 types of ecosystems and describe each.
Savannas-The percipitation is 90-150 cm/year.It has wildly spaced trees and has seasonal rainfalls.Savannas are found in parts Africa,South America and Australia
Deserts-The desert is dry,sparce vegetation and has scattered grasslands
Conciferous forset-It has short growing seasons and cold winters
Tundra-They are open and wind swept and the ground is always frozen
Tropical rainforest-it has abdundant moisture and contains more species than any other domes
Define the following by using them in a sentence.
1. The maggot is a decomposer because it ate a dead bird.
2. Humans are consumers because they eat plants and other animals
3. The desert ecosystem is a very warm ecosystem
4. Trees produce their own food
5.The top person on the food chain are producers
6. biotic also includes the organism
7. abiotic are non-living physical and chemical elements of an enviorment
8. Animals have to adapt to seasonal changes
9.What are some examples of biotic factors in a wetland ecosystem?
The animals in the wetlands are biotic and so are the lands
10. What are some abiotic factors in a wetland ecosystem?
The water and sunlight is abiotic
11. Find an example of a wetland ecosystem food chain:Producer->Primary Consumer->Secondary Consumer->TertiaryConsumer-> Quarternary Consumer->Top Predator
12. Energy enters the ecosystem food chain in what form?
It enters from the producer which gets the energy by the sun
13. What do the arrows in question # 11 represent?
It represents the flow of energy
14. What might happen to the food chain if one element were to be eliminated (by disease or habitat loss, for example)? The food chain would not be complete then the rest of the animal infront of the animal would be extinxt or some would over populate
15. How do wetlands positively affect water quality?
Some biotic animals could be cleaning the water and the plats of water could give the water nutrients
16. How do wetlands offer flood protection?
The floor acts like a sponge so it soaks up the water
17. How do wetlands protect shoreline from erosion? The plants can soak up the energy of waves and then break up by waves or rivers
18. How do wetlands provide habitat for wildlife?
They help make food,shelter and breeding grounds for animals that need water and land.
19. What other benefits do wetlands offer?
It also gives bus natrual recourses
20. Are you still with me? Find pictures of a food web, energy flow through ecosystem, cellular respiration.