Roman Empire: 600BC-600AD
- How did the republican constitution set the stage for conflict between the patricians and plebeians?
- What was the significance of the Punic Wars to the later development of Rome?
- In general, how did the Romans deal with the people and the lands that they conquered?
- What inherent weaknesses in Rome’s political and economic institutions did the conflicts of the Gracchi brothers highlight?
- Describe the transition from republic to empire in the 1st century BC.
- How did the Romans promote trade throughout the empire?
- How did Jesus’ message threaten the Roman administration? How did they respond?
- What was the appeal of the early Christian teachings? What sorts of people were most attracted to it?