Week #10 & 11: Technology Operations & Concepts
Welcome to Weeks #10 & 11 of Digital Literacy. The focus of the next two weeks is to grasp some of the fundamentals of a very vast and complex subject: Technology Operations & Concepts. At large, this topic will consist of watching three episodes of TWIT's The Tech Guy and completing a Tic-Tac-Toe grid for each episode. Through watching each of the episodes and completing the Tic-Tac-Toe grid, you will:
- understand and use technology systems.
- select and use applications effectively and productively.
- troubleshoot systems and applications.
- transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.
Complete the learning activities listed beneath each of the following Essential Questions:
- EQ: How can we take advantage of TWIT's The Tech Guy to lay a foundation for Technology Operations & Concepts?
- E-Mail - For questions that can be answered briefly, you may send me an e-mail. In some cases I may request that you schedule to meet with me in person, as there may be no "easy" answer. In other cases, I may ask that you post your question in a forum instead, so that your classmates can also benefit from knowing the information that you requested.
- Face-to-Face - Since this
is online/virtual course, all face-to-face meetings will be by
appointment only. To schedule a meeting with me, please do so through YouCanBook.Me. No appointments can be scheduled sooner than SIX hours in advance and
you MAY NOT cancel an appointment sooner than ONE hour to our agreed
PLEASE NOTE: If you see this icon next to an assignment title on the course outline, you must make arrangements to complete this activity Face-to-Face. Please use YouCanBook.Me to schedule Face-to-Face time with me.