DMPS Trailblazer Application
Sufan Huang serves as
Walnut Street School Pre-k to 5th grade/ Mandarin Chinese
Sufan Huang has studied:
- University of Shenzhen (China): English Literature
- University of Kansas: Foreign language education(Chinese K-12 License)
- Teaching English as second language(License)
- Middle School Math (License)
- International Baccalaureate Level 1 training
- Classroom management workshops
- Chinese language teacher workshops
Sufan Huang’s experience with Technology in teaching:
- Developing program website to enhance students’ learning outside of classroom.
- Picture editing tools (Paint.net, coreldraw) to create teaching materials
- PPT story books
- Windows movie maker
- www.studystack.com/ (http://www.studystack.com/matching-1203415)
- Android Chinese learning apps
Area like to improve: I would like to create more interactive activities, games, quizzes, etc. to help students to practice vocabulary and sentences in each units. During class session, students would practice as a whole group or small group; however, because of only one hour instruction time each week, there is not much individual instruction. I have posted the learning materials on our program website, it would be helpful if there are more interactive activities students could do at home to reinforce what they learn in class.
A failed situation: I have wanted to use more computer devices during class, so that each student would have access to learning to type Chinese, listening to more authentic material. However, due to limit number of computer devices in the building, as well as software downloading policy, this hasn’t become a reality so far.