Made By:Abby A
Biography Project For Mrs.Hemry's 8th Grade Language Arts class
Beyonce Knowles Was born September 4, 1981 in Houston,Texas.
Significant events in That effected her life
- Beyonce Suffered from depression for two years, But kept it hidden.
- She married Rapper Jay-Z, On April 4, 2008.
- Her first daughter Blue Ivy Carter, was born January 7, 2012.
- Beyonce and Jay-Z once had a Miscarriage before Blue Ivy Carter.
As A young child they always knew she had a talent. She was enrolled in dance classes at A young age her dance teacher could tell she had a God given talent. Her parents entered her in a lot of talent shows. She was very successful in these competitions. In 1990 she became a member of the group Girls Tyme.
People Who influenced her life
- Tina Knowles (her mother)- Her mother inspired her to follow her dreams. Also her mom was her hair stylist and costume designer for her groups.
- Matthew Knowles (her father)- Her father pushed Beyonce so should we become who she is today, Also her was her manager for most of her life.
- Her name comes from her moms maiden name.
- Her nick names include Bey, Queen B and Princess of Pop.
- In 2010 she was named the worlds most Beautiful woman by People Magazine.
- Since she was a child she always knew she wanted to be a singer.
- Beyonce and her group Destiny's Child won 2 Grammy's in 2001.
- First African American and second woman ever to win the ASCAP award.
- In 2007 She became the first female artist to be awarded the International artist Award at the American Music Awards.
- She made Grammy history in 2010 when she became the First Female Artist to win six Grammy's in one night.
- She stared in the movie Carmen in 2001, this started her actor career.
The theme of Beyonce's life is..
That hard work pays off. She worked really hard to where she is today and it payed off.
The words of advice
- "It was important for us to do our own things, so that we'd have the opportunity to grow and see what we can do on our own"(75).
- "You don't even know me so how can you judge me"(42).
- "I've learned a lot about friendship, loyalty and life"(39).
I learned that you can accomplish your dreams if you try really hard and don't give up. Beyonce really inspired me to do what love.
Dougherty, Terri. Beyoncé. Detroit: Lucent, 2007. Print.
"Beyonce - Google Search." Beyonce - Google Search. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"Star Search - Girls Tyme with Beyonce." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.
"BeyoncÃ© Irreplaceable Live at American Music Awards 2006." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 03 Mar. 2015.