Definition- Small group of people that are not elected are controlling a country, institution, or organization.
1) In most cases it is better to have people who are skilled and know what they are talking about rather than people who are elected and not know as much or know what is best for business, country, institution, etc.
2) People can live their day-to-day lives because with an Oligarchy government they take care of all of the needed issues in the society, and not have to worry the people.
1) the more power an Oligarchy Government gets the harder it is to stop the growing power and they plan on keeping the power.
2) if an oligarchy government has to much power they can come to a consensus and mess with prices and violate the laws of supply and demand.
1) "But if there's an erosion at home, you know, Thomas Jefferson warned about a tyranny of an oligarchy and if we surrender our democracy to the tyranny of an oligarchy, we've made a terrible mistake." - Pat Robertson
2) "Our authorities leave us no doubt that the trust lodged with the oligarchy was sometimes abused, but it certainly ought not to be regarded as a mere usurpation or engine of tyranny." -Henry James Sumner Maine
Countries that have an Oligarchy Government
Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia are a few.
Picture of the form of government