1. Opening StatementA statement given by both eternies(introduction)
2. Closing StatementA statement given by both eternies (conclusion) wrap up the trial
3. ProsecutionSide of the trial that tries to prove the person is guilty (city, state, country)
4. DefenseSide of the trial that tries to prove the person is not guilty (one person)
5. Criminal TrialWhen you do something that is considered a criminal action(something that there is a law agaist) murder, speed limit, fire
6. Civil TrialTypically a money issue (sue someone) One person agaist one person 50% - 50%
7. Direct Examination Person talks to there own witness (questions - giving stories)
8. Cross ExaminationEnterny asks the other teams witness questions (Short yes or no questions to point out a weakness)
Today was fun and interesting.
First I was on the prosecution side for the Little Red Riding Hood story then I was on the defense side for Little Miss Muffet.I was little miss Muffet and although we lost the case both times it was still a fun experience.