Math in a Minute: Candy Edition
Volume 3 Issue 8
- If Brach's laid out the candy corn kernels it sells each year end to end, they would wrap around the Earth _____ times.
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? On average, a licking machine designed by engineering students at Purdue needed _____.
- NECCO cranks out _____ candy buttons each year.
- _____ ounces of chocolate chips equals one cup.
- Americans purchase nearly _____ pounds of candy a year for Halloween.
- The day of the year that has the most candy sales is _____.
- The average American household spends $_____ a year on Halloween candy!
- A person eats and average of _____ pounds of candy each year.
- _____% of parents admit to sneaking candy
- There are _____ U.S. manufacturing establishments that produced nonchocolate confectionary products in 2011.
- 4.25 times
- 600 million
- October 28th
Candy Corn Math
Educator Academy is November 12
The next Educator Academy is November 12 from 8:00am to 3:30pm. During this time we will be covering the topic of Problem Solving! We are excited about introducing new ideas and strategies to promote problem solving in your learning experiences.
Math City Challenge
Send in your responses to email@example.com.
Last week's entries...