It's Your Time To MAKE IT COUNT!
BUILDING A STRONG DECA PROGRAM AT YOUR SCHOOL
LET'S TALK ABOUT COMPETITION
You are scored on your role play by your ability to show understanding of the
1. ask 3 important questions
time, notes, judge's name
2. skim the event situation
3. decide on a thesis - what problem
needs to be solved?
4. list possible solutions - be creative!
5. choose the best solution - be ready to share ideas, and tell WHY
6. make sure you incorporate all of the
7. Act, be creative, and have fun!
8. Thank the judge for volunteering!
*A written, multiple choice exam, usually 100 questions
*test will be both general and specific in content based on your competition area
1. Understand what content will be on the
test, I.E. hospitality, accounting, etc.
2. Ask your teacher for prep materials
3. Know vocabulary!
4. Answer all questions, and if you're not
sure, move on and come back to it
5. Pace yourself - you are being timed!
6. Use the process of elimination for
answers you aren't sure about
7. look for clues in the question and
other parts of the exam
8. If you need to erase, erase well
DECA IN BREAKING BAD = YOU IN DECA!
National Certified DECA Trainer
Professional Development Coordinator, Missouri DECA
Send me your feedback, or ideas for presentations!