- Asteroid belts were 1st discovered in 1801.
- Asteroids belts are in between the outer and the inner planets.
- All asteroids orbit around the sun.
- Asteroids were formed form a planet trying to form and the formation failed and exploded with little tiny pieces of the planet.
- Asteroids are 150 million km from the sun
- Asteroids have no atmosphere
- Rotation period varies by asteroids Ida for Ex. It takes 4.6 hours for a full rotation
- Asteroids Ida for Ex. takes 4.8 earth years to orbit around the sun all depends on asteroids
- Asteroids composition is mostly made of rock and metal