Leadership Team Discussion

May 1, 2015

We discussed instructional rounds further.  Each one of us will discuss this further with our departments to explain more fully.  The posters in the lounge will help be a starting point for this.  We will begin instructional rounds soon with department heads observing department heads, and possibly phase to within departments, depending on time availability.  Our plan is to address morale further at the next meeting with the possibility of forming committees for next year.  We will meet again on May 15th.

Our Starting Point

The leadership team felt we needed to insure communication with all and have transparency of our discussions.  This will be our post to update after each meeting. Please feel free to post comments for us to address at our leadership meetings.  Our past two meetings we narrowed down our school-wide Google doc to three key areas we felt needed to be addressed.  These three areas were: advisory period, PLC's, and morale.  We also discussed implementation of instructional rounds.  We will post our discussion posters in the lounge by the end of the week about instructional rounds. We have a meeting scheduled this Friday to discuss these three areas further.  Here's what we've discussed so far for the three areas:

Advisory: next year we should have a common advisory period between 3rd/4th periods lasting 30 minutes, goal is to enable department PLC's to meet once a week during this time, may look into a software program to track students that the high school is currently using www.enrichingstudents.com

PLC: need to be more focused on data and apply to instruction to meet student's needs, will have a data room in old DAEP wing for next year and use for PLC meetings

Morale: seems that many are feeling beat down, positive non-tangible "pick-me-up" activities to help, gratitude pages we did last Friday were part of this, any ideas are welcome to help with school-wide positivity

Comment Stream

2 years ago
0

Thank you Mrs. Clark for creating this stream!

2 years ago
0

Nice summary of meetings and good presentation for gratitude pages.

2 years ago
0

I am proposing an agenda for our upcoming meeting:

2 years ago
0

Activity; 10 minutes A.Instructional round discussion: 30 minutes focusing the following areas: 1. (15 minutes) 6 week focus for observation..ie. classroom management for first 6 weeks, 2nd six weeks: lesson planning..we will I will 2. (15 minutes) How do we get feedback from the observed colleague? written or verbal reply? 3. (10 minutes) B. Forming committees within the campus (10 minutes) examples: morale committee, mentoring committee for new hires, etc.. Just some thoughts

2 years ago
0

Good points for agenda. I foresee an issue with committee formation if faculty members move to another campus or district.

2 years ago
0

I realize I may only be an aide, but feel very strongly about forming committees on our campus to allow EVERYONE a chance to feel ownership in the school. This is usually done in the beginning of a school year -- either by volunteering or the principal placing you on a committee.