How to prevent Identity theft
protect your personal information there are something's you can do at home.
- keep your financial records, Social Security and Medicare cards in a safe place.
- shred papers that have your personal or medical information.
- you need to take mail out the mailbox everyday.
here are something's you can do when at work to protect you information.
- only give your Social Security number if you must.
- Ask if you can use another kind of identification.
- Do not tell people your information over the phone.
here are something's you can do to protect yourself on the computer.
- use passwords that are not easy to guess, use numbers and symbols when you can.
- do not respond to emails or other messages that ask for personal information.
- do not put personal information on a computer in a public place, like the library.
If you think your identity has been stolen call your bank. this is something you don't joke about. if your identity has been stolen act fast.