Preparing students for communicating in the real world
Top 5 Advantages of Teaching Digital Writing
- Writing to an audience: Students create work that can be shared with a larger audience, not just the teacher.
- Collaboration: Most digital writing tools allow more than one author, encouraging brainstorming and greater infusion of ideas.
- Differentiation: Open-ended project opportunities for students to express themselves using media that appeals most to their preferred learning modalities and interests.
- Formative assessment: Teachers can quickly assess student learning by having students write on demand and responses are easily compiled for rapid viewing, allowing teachers the opportunity to adjust instruction to meet student needs.
- Annotating written text: Apps that assist literacy skills, including reading and annotation, encourage students to be active and collaborative readers.
"Digital technology has several features that can make it much easier for teachers to pay special attention to all their students". Bill Gates
Favorite Tools for Digital Writing
Prepared by: Ann Hansen, August 14, 2014