MARKETING AND THE COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
Marketing - the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
- Niche marketing- A niche market is the subset of the market on which a specific product is focusing. The market niche defines the product features aimed at satisfying specific market needs, as well as the price range, production quality and the demographics that is intended to impact. It is also a small market segment
- Mass marketing- is a market coverage strategy in which a firm decides to ignore market segment differences and appeal the whole market with one offer or one strategy
- Market- this is where services and products operate
Business to business (B2B) - businesses which only provides products and services to other businesses
Business to consumers (B2C) - firms that ultimately sell to consumers.
Effective marketing mix for Manchester United.
MUFC primarily sell football tickets but they also sell various other products and services such as:
- they offer a TV channel service
-mobile phone app
-Advertising sponsors e.g Aeroflot which are the official carrier for MUFC, Aon which are their shirt sponsors
-Any upcoming news and matches will be on adverts and the news this is a form of indirect promotion where they do not directly pay for it but because of its brand it causes interest
- The MUFC website also promotes the club