Ways of Life
-Hunted wild turkeys, deer, and bears.
-They also fished.
-Made their house of mud and bark.
-Hogans made of logs, bark, and clay.
-Also made of river cane and plaster.
-Men wore breechcloths and leggings.
-Woman wore wraparound skirts and poncho style blouses.
-Sequoyah made a alphabet for the Cherokee tribe.
- Canoes were a specially important for Cherokee transportation.
- They used a pipe carving, river cane baskets, ground art, pottery.
- They speak Cherokee Indian language.
- A traditional of the Cherokees is telling fairy tales one is the Origin of strawberries and Cherokee mythology.
- Made log dugout canoes
- Dogs as pack animals
- Harvested crops and gathered berries
Name two tools Cherokee people use?
What are things Cherokee people hunt?