- William Shakespeare's birthday was unknown, but he was baptized April 26, 1564. Shakespeare invented about 1,700 words, that are commonly used today. He traditionally died on his birthday in 1616.
- One of Shakespeare’s relatives on his mother’s side, William Arden, was arrested for plotting against Queen Elizabeth I. Shakespeare has no descendants.
- Good friend for Jesus’ sake forbear,
To dig the dust enclosed here:
Blest be the man that spares these stones,
And curst be he that moves my bones. ~ Shakespeare wrote a curse for his epitaph
- Shakespeare’s shortest play is 1,770 lines long
- From studying Shakespeare and his works, I learned that life can have ups and downs, like tragedies and comedies.
Kate P. Ms. Wood Period 1