Playing With Formative Assessment
Click here to create a free account and start using padlet.
- Padlet is an online discussion board.
- Use for warm-ups and discussions.
- Use as a way for students to ask questions about what they are learning as they go. whole-class brainstorming.
- Get a quick snapshot of what your kids know.
- Remind students to add their names to their responses unless you want them to be anonymous.
- How will you use Padlet?
- Works much like Kahoot!
- Can turn timer off
- Can time up to 5 minutes
- Question is displayed on student devices. Makes it better for use on laptops.
- Students can work at their own pace, even with the timer turned on.
- Makes assessment and practice seem like a game
- The student sees a meme when they are finished with a question telling them whether they answered correctly or incorrectly. (They love this!)
- Create a free account here!
- Plickers is a student response system that gives teachers instant feedback without the use of a student device.
- Print cards and keep them all year.
- App can be downloaded from Apple Store or Google Play.
- Pre-enter multiple choice or true false questions
- Each student holds up an individualized card and your device scans the cards and tells you instantly who is correct and incorrect.
- You can show answers on the screen or hide the answers.
- Great for checking for understanding during a lesson.
- Program can run from your device so you are free to move around.
- Works like a classroom response system only FREE!
- Click here to create a Plickers account.
- QR Codes get students to these assessment tools instantly without them having to type in URLs.
- If you are in Google Chrome get the AnythingtoQRcode extension.
- Other QR code generators can be found online.
- QR Code Scavenger Hunts can get kids up and moving.
- QR codes get kids directly to a site from anywhere to anywhere.
Click here to get to GradeCam.
- GradeCam is a grading machine that only requires a device with a camera
- Uses a printable scantron sheet
- Grades instantly using your elmo, device or laptop
- Great for grading quizzes. You can grade as soon as they turn them in.
- Allows students to self check during group work or independent work when answers are multiple choice
- Can only be used with multiple choice questions
- Students can be put into classes and results seen by teacher
- Doesn’t work well in chrome. I used Mozilla Firefox.
- Use quick code: ZJVH734
- you can make an account or just continue to assignment without logging in.
- Very useful if you are trying to go paperless classroom
- Works on any device
- teachers can make classes
- Multiple Choice, Short answer, True or False and show work option where students can show work or upload and image.
Google Forms and Flubaroo
- Google forms is available to anyone with a google account. It does not require google classroom.
- Create your own online tests.
- multiple choice
- open ended
- Get a link or share it through google or email
- Results will be sent to your google drive (also free from google) in a spreadsheet
- Flubaroo is an add-on for Google sheets you can get from the chrome store. Just open a google sheet, click "add on" and "find add ons"
- Flubaroo will grade and sort your google form responses.
- Can assign different point values
- Teacher must submit an answer key to the google form so Flubaroo knows what the correct answers should be.
- Flubaroo will compute average assignment score
- Compute average score per question and flag low-scoring questions
- Show a grade distribution graph
- Gives you the option to email each student their grade, and an answer key
- Lets you send individualized feedback to each student
- 100% of the class is 100% engaged with Kahoot!
- Kids are driven by a little friendly competition.
- Teacher gets real-time data during the Kahoot for every question.
- If you don't already use Kahoot!, go get started here.
Jennifer Weems email@example.com
Colleen Hill firstname.lastname@example.org