By law products have to be:
Consumer protection Businesses must never be misleading about their products, the law gives customers protection against unfair selling practices
1. Fit for purpose (the product has to do exactly what its designed to do)
2. Products/services should match its description (Illegal to give false description incl size, quantity, materials, properties etc.)
3. Product / Service should be of satisfactory quality (Should be well made..not broken , faulty, low quality etc)
Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994
This Act says that all products have to be of a 'satisfactory quality'.
- be safe
- last for a reasonable amount of time
- be fit for their intended purpose
- have nothing wrong with them or faulty (unless the defect was noted at the time of sale).
Consumer Credit Act 1974
This Act protects you when you borrow or buy on credit. The Consumer Credit Act states that:
- Businesses must have licences to give credit.
- No one under 18 is to borrow or buy on credit.