By Ismael & Anthony
1. Surface pollution occurs when waste isn't disposed of properly, or can occur when humans throw chemicals into the soil in the form of pesticides, insecticides and fertilizers during agricultural practices.
2. Surface Pollution is caused by human activity and a misuse of natural resources. Causes of land pollution are urban sprawl , poor agricultural practices , personal consumption , and industrial activities. All land pollution is caused by a human impact on the environment and these can be averted by our actions alone.
3. Effects of the environment is it causes problems in the human respiratory system. It causes problems on the skin. Also it causes various kinds of cancer.
4.Contaminated lands and enviroments can cause problems in the human respiratory system.Other human health problems can cause problems on the skin and cause various kind of cancers.The toxic chemicals can reach our body through foods and vegetables that we eat as they are grown in polluted soil
5. The potential enviromental impacts associated with solar power land use and habitat loss,water use,and the use of hazardous materials in manufacturing can vary greatly depending on the technology,which includes photovoltiac solar cells or concentrating solar thermal plants.
6. At the beginning of the twentieth century,William T.Love imagined a model community in new york,on the edge of niagara falls.Historically,there has been little or no regulation of hazardous waste disposal in developing nations,as the worlds become more of a global community,however this problem will no doubt haunt future generations.
7. Some interesting facts are that the U.S disposes more than half of its solid waste in landfills. In 2008 the U.S produced more than 250 million tons of municipal solid waste. Electronics waste is rapidly increasing and seriously contributing to land pollution.
LINKS OF OUR RESEARCH ; http://eschooltoday.com/pollution/air-pollution/what-is-air-pollution.html ,http://eschooltoday.com/pollution/land-pollution/effects-of-land-pollution.html , Eschooltoday.com