The absolute latest in wellness, from #wearables to #mhealth.
What you need to know this week in the world of wellness, compiled by our in-house mobile wellness geek extraordinaire, Taylor Pechachek.
- 3 prescriptions to build a new "foundation for health", including investing in wellness
- "In 2013, Fitbits, Jawbone UPs, and Nike FuelBands accounted for 97 percent of all smartphone-enabled activity trackers sold at brick-and-mortar stores or through big e-commerce sites."
- "Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Quanttus, a stealthy MIT startup working on wearable vital sign monitoring, has raised $19 million in first round funding from Khosla Ventures and Matrix Partners. The company has previously raised $3 million in seed funds from Vinod Khosla."
- This enablement – of enhancing peoples’ health literacy and “muscles” as health consumers – then generates trust and sets the stage for health engagement and better health outcomes.
- Pretty self-explanatory.
- An epic list of statistics for all you data nerds.