10 Digital Marketing Trends for 2015
2015 is fast approaching and it is time to dust off our crystal ball and take a look at the digital marketing trends for the coming year. Digital technology and user behaviors are constantly changing, and marketers need to prepare for the challenges the new year will bring. After a long year of watching the digital marketing landscape and putting our marketing strategies to work for our clients, we’ve identified the following digital marketing trends as the ones most likely to be shaping the industry in 2015:
- The rise of content marketing will continueContent marketing will become even more prevalent, as marketers focus on ways of personalizing their content to become increasingly relevant to their audience.
- Pitching and preaching have become passé
Customers are tired of sites whose content is created solely to promote a business, pitch a product, or expound upon the services a business has to offer. Instead, marketers need to expend more effort researching their customers’ needs so they can create sites that provide something of direct value to customers, whether through answering their questions, entertaining them, or providing useful resources.
- A unified approach across all channels is neededMarketers that rely on web campaigns alone are going to get left behind. Marketers will need to develop unified internet marketing strategies that combine responsive web design, mobile apps, SMS marketing, etc., with direct marketing, email marketing, and more to create a solid brand across all channels.
- Use of humor to make human connectionsMarketers need to reach Millennials, and they are not interested in dry presentations. To succeed in 2015, marketers will need to incorporate humor, videos, and stories to personalize content and make human connections to their customers that will build trust and brand loyalty.
- Visual storytelling as an effective means of communicationConsumers have become so inundated with information that companies relying on text and links to convey their message are going to get lost in the crowd. The most successful marketing campaigns in 2015 will be those that take a full-media approach to storytelling, using video, photos, infographics, and other visuals to engage interest and forge an emotional connection with consumers.
- Mobile marketing takes center stageMobile devices are becoming the primary means of accessing the Internet, and digital marketers need to shift their focus from web marketing to mobile marketing. Marketers should develop effective strategies for location-based marketing, app-based marketing, mobile ads, and other mobile marketing outlets.
- Mobile data will become crucialUsers access the Internet through their mobile devices constantly throughout the day, from music and social media apps, to voice searches and web browsing. Marketers will need to track the data from mobile device use to create effective interactive marketing strategies.
- An integrated approach to optimization will develop
Instead of separating marketing channels, companies will adopt a cohesive marketing strategy that integrates social media marketing, content creation, and SEO to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Increasing emphasis on actionable analyticsMarketers will make increasing use of analytics and other means of measuring the effectiveness of their marketing efforts, leveraging the information to focus their strategies to have the most impact.
- Use of big data will become a key strategyAs marketing data becomes easier to obtain, there will be an increased emphasis and need for skillful data mining. Marketers will need to know how to sift through all the information collected, examine customer behaviors, and develop meaningful intelligence on the most effective ways to engage customers.
If you are not sure if your company is ready to meet the marketing challenges of the coming year, you can always turn to the digital marketing experts at Blue Interactive Agency. Our creative team can perform a complete marketing strategy analysis to ensure your comprehensive Internet marketing campaign has you perfectly poised to meet the new year.
Contact us at Blue Interactive Agency today at 954-779-2801 for more information on the digital marketing strategies that can help your business succeed in 2015 and beyond!